Thursday, August 28, 2008

Introduction

I am a practical, progressive, Minnesotan woman. I am a wife and mother of one (soon to be two). I work hard, as does my husband, and we are fortunate enough to live a middle-class lifestyle in a relatively safe and clean neighborhood.

Over the last 10 years, I have watched this country fall prey to the likes of Gingrich, Rove, Bush, and Cheney. I've watched them manipulate the electorate, convincing people to vote against their own economic self-interests, using lame and false Ayn Rand-like rhetoric. I've watched the Democratic party run hither and yon, afraid to tell the truth about the Republican party, for fear that someone will criticize them. And I just can't stand it anymore.

I will be sharing my thoughts on a number of issues. Many of them will be national, but some may be focused on Minnesota. In this blog, I intend to explain why I am a practical progressive, and why I feel the way I do about the issues that impact my state, my nation, and my world.

I welcome discussion in the comments section of this blog. However, please note: this is not Fox News. I don't want to hear any religious ranting. I don't want to hear "But Bill O'Reilly said...." I don't want to hear "black people are all gang-bangers." I hear enough of that nonsense. Therefore, I reserve the right to delete any comments as I see fit. I will not be deleting all comments that show disagreement with my positions, but I will delete ranting, racist, and other offensive contents. I also will delete spam.