Thursday, September 4, 2008

Why do the Palins hate America?

Here's a quote from the founder of the AIP, Joe Vogel. Vogel was the chair of the AIP until his death in 1993.

"You get to think why the hell do I owe them anything and then you get mad; and you say to hell with them; and you renounce allegiance; and you pledge your efforts, your effects, your honor, your life, to Alaska; that is how I do it; I am an Alaskan; they know it; I've told them to go to hell in every way I can in a nice way; I took a case to the Supreme Court believing in the Supreme Court, but I'd rather be tried in a whorehouse with the madam as the Judge; there is more Justice in a whorehouse than in the Supreme Court; and if they don't like they know where they can go; ..... and if you think I am ever going to forget that, the fires of Hell are glaciers compared to my hate for the American Government, and I won't be buried under their damn flag; I'll be buried in Dawson and when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones back to Alaska, back to my country."

Remember how the Republicans went around saying the Michelle Obama hates America? She "wasn't proud" of America. And so on. And for some reason, criticism of family was totally fair game back then.

Well, Sarah Palin's husband was a member of the Alaska Independence Party. Question for you: why does he hate America? Sarah Palin married him, stayed married to him, attended an AIP convention, and has maintained a very cordial relationship with the AIP. Why would an America-loving patriot associate with the AIP?

The AIP wants to have a vote to possibly secede from the USA. That's patriotic, right? A good group for a patriot to associate with in any way?

Verbatim from the AIP website FAQ page

[C]onsidering the moral, educational, and economic decay of the U.S., Alaskans' who hold themselves to a higher standard might very well decide to at least maintain an arm's length distance from a country in decline.

Oh, and one more thing: Sarah Palin wasn't wearing a American flag pin last night during her convention speech. A sure sign she's not a true patriot. ::snort::

So, given this, I'm sure we can expect to see Limbaugh and O'Reilly and Hannity, et al, denouncing the Palins for their YEARs of anti-American associations. Right? Right?